Sometimes we like to read quotes from famous people. Either we need motivation or we are so obsessed with the person we want to know what they say! Of course, there’s also the chance we’re so bored we’re simply looking up random quotes. I’m going to share some of those random quotes I have found.
Check these out and let me know which ones you like or a few of your own favorites!
“I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose.” – Stephen King
- This quote makes me smile because with my latest novel I’m trying to think up crazy situations for my agent or the professor to be placed in. All while the professor knows a ghost is creating situations to help them out while the agent is extremely against the idea of ghosts so he has no idea. Hopefully, there will be some funny moments but I am currently battling with writter’s block.
“Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.” – Henry David Thoreau
- Another deep quote from Henry David Thoreau. His quotes are always strong and very powerful to me. He spoke in this quote about the need for truth and I think that’s a great thing. There’s always a chance learning the truth could open the door for those things he would turn away for the simple truth. This world does need more honesty.
“Love all, but trust a few.” – William Shakespeare
- This quote is almost a response to the quote above. All while Henry David Thoreau is searching for the truth, William Shakespeare is saying you cannot trust a lot of people. To me, this is saying you can love all the people in the world but that doesn’t mean they will return all for you as you might for them. Love is always a rocky bit to understand. How many stories have we heard or read about couples truly in love but one betrays the other for money, fame, or power? It’s terrible, but it’s a thing in our silly world.
“Just write every day of your life. Read intensely. Then see what happens. Most of my friends who are put on that diet have very pleasant careers.” – Ray Bradbury
- This quote is what all inspiring authors NEED to read! This quote actually is a bit of an explanation to why I started my author blog. Before I started this blog there were days upon days when I wouldn’t try to write anything. This was usually the case because I was upset with whatever I was stuck on. Sure, a blog isn’t truly working on getting my novels out there, but it is allowing me to clear out my mind. If a writer wants to be a writer they have to write. That’s all there is to it.
“That’s why I write, because life never works except in retrospect. You can’t control life, at least you can control your version.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- I think this quote is a bit of a reason why I like to write my novels. Sure, not every books ends with everything all clean and happy, but usually, the main character(s) get their goals accomplished. If they have challenges, they over take them. If they face fears, they take them down! If they can’t fight the demon on their own, they find help. As an author I have the ability to create a happy ending for my characters. It’s kind of evil to say, but it’s almost as if I’m a god in their world I have created. Heck, I made their world so I guess I am their god. Pretty cool, huh?
These quotes are nothing more than words I found interesting from famous people. There are a lot of famous quotes people share and they like to give their own opinions as to why they enjoy their words. This is only what I think about these different quotes and for all I know you have a different option on their words entirely. That’s the great thing about all human languages, I believe. I could say something to mean one thing all while another person could say the exact words but mean them an entirely different way. Languages are so fun to play with!