I would consider my career to focus around my profession as an author, but I also have another side to my career as an artist. While I dream to one day become a famous author, I also dream my art will be able to touch millions of hearts. I truly enjoy creating original pieces to feature in my Etsy shop, Shelby Boyde Art. Alongside those original pieces are some pieces which are considered “fan art.”
Fan art is art which is pulled from popular and famous things such as movies, novels, shows, or other such entertainment sources. I love making fan art and do my best not to do too much, but it is a lot of fun to make.
My art also allows me to step away and clear my mind whenever I’m facing a challenge. As of late, I have been struggling to continue writing my new novel and I kept getting angerier and meaner as the block continued to hold me back. Thankfully, I was able to step away from my writing with art as a distraction.
At first, I wanted to work on some pieces which would bring attention to my shop but that only increased my stress and panic. This changed my plan from making something for others to making something for myself. All I had to do was buy a book case and start a new, personal, fan art project. You can read more about the start of this project here.
All the images below represent the finished project. I am very happy with the work I completed and I want to share what’s done. Of course, all rights belong to the respecting parties and I only made this for personal use without earning money while decorating this case. I’ll feature the final images with the quotes clearly typed out beside them.
- “As far as I can see, neither light nor darkness exist in my life. The future I now see is full of splendor,” Ren Tsuruga
- “What’s important isn’t what others think of you, but how you feel towards them!” Meliodas
- “Even if I can’t see you…no matter how far away you may be…I will always be watching you,” Makarov
- “When a person lies, what is important is not the lie itself. No, it is their reason. Their why,” Holo
- “My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me,” Tohru Honda
- A painless lesson is one without any meaning, one who does not sacrifice anything cannot achieve anything,” Hiromu Arakawa
- “People are mirrors. If you smile, a smile will be reflected,” Zeno
- “I just don’t want to take for granted the kindness of that person who helps me,” Teru Kurebayashi
- “Everyone starts from zero. Just try it. If you mess up, figure out why, and try again,”Miyamura Izumi
This project provided me with enough of a sidestep to get my mind focused back to thinking clearly on my latest novel. I’m a little worried that quotes may not be correct since these quotes were dug up from online sources translating their words into English. I can’t promise they’re all correct.
But now it’s time to get organized once again. It’s okay to take a break when things begin to pile up. Anytime you find the opportunity to pause and take a relaxing breath, go ahead.
Now it’s time to write and get to work!
Do you have opportunities to take breaks during your hard work?